Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lies: A Gone Novel by Michael Grant 447 pages

So, I just finished this book which I started yesterday and I realized that I read each of these novels in about two days. Doing the math, I read the Three Gone books in about a week. Together they equal the size about of War and Peace, which took me almost four months to sporadically complete. I guess that I am just a young adult at heart. So, Grant throws in a few surprises in this volume; some of the characters killed off in Hunger sort of rise from the dead. Drake, the crazy whip hand of Caine is the worst. Sam takes a powder and whiny Astrid is left to be "the boss". The normal kids hook up with Caine and torch the town as a distraction allowing Caine and his dwindling followers to escape. Needless to say, if you haven't read the first two books, don't bother with this one (Grant does attempt to bring new readers up to speed; but why miss the fabulous intro of book one?) I also noticed Stephen King's high praise on the front of the book jacket. So, don't just take my words of recommendation, listed to King Stephen. (Book four is on my read list for the weekend).

No comments:

Post a Comment