Friday, September 30, 2011

Fahrenheit 451

Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451: the authorized adaptation by Tim Hamilton  148 pp.

I read Fahrenheit 451 back in junior high honors English. I will admit to probably having forgotten more than I remembered. But this graphic novel version just doesn't seem to capture all of what was in the book. Don't get me wrong, it is nicely done and written with the blessings of Bradbury himself who wrote the introduction. I just don't think it captures all of what the book has about this future society where firemen start fires, specifically to burn books that are illegal. Montag, the main character, is one such fireman who comes to the realization that what they are doing is wrong. If this version has accomplished anything, it makes me want to go back and re-read the original, which I have around the house somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment