Friday, March 11, 2011

How to Be Sick-Toni Bernhard (216 pages)

I haven't posted in forever! Oy vey :(

So, this book is "a Buddhist-inspired guide for the chronically ill and their caregivers." I actually decided to read this because my mother has dealt with chronic fatigue and pain for a long time and I wanted to get a perspective on the challenges facing her and ways in which I could help her. Honestly though, what I most loved about this book was the fact that the wisdom and practices that it offered were neither uniquely Buddhist nor for the chronically ill--anyone could apply the lessons in this book to his or her life.

I ended up emailing the author just to let her know how much I liked her book, and she sent me the sweetest message back! I feel the need to give her book props and spread the word. If there's anyone you know who you think would benefit from this book, I highly recommend it. I have incorporated many of the quotes, concepts, and mental practices into my own prayers and thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment