Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wait: poems

Wait: poems by C. K. Williams 125 pgs.

Well I've done it! I read all (ok both) of the ALA notable books of poetry and earned myself .8 participation points! You will never catch up with me now!

Ok, enough of the gloating. I've already confessed my poetry idiocy but I'm smart enough to realize that this collection does not use humor to convey it's point. The topics here are death, war, grief, & decay...not the lightest of topics. C. K. Williams is a Pulitzer prize and National Book Award winning poet and many of these selections warranted several readings. The language is amazing and interesting and I'm my appreciation for poetry is growing. Since April is National Poetry Month, I resolve to read at least 2 more.

2 comments:

  1. I was just going to read this one. Now you have ruined the ending. You need to put a big "spoiler alert" in your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to see if I finally got the picture to work right. Ignore the above comment.

    ReplyDelete