Thursday, March 31, 2011

Case Histories

Case Histories/Kate Atkinson 320 pgs.

Atkinson's newest book was featured in Time Magazine which is probably why the holds on it jumped up recently. I had never read one of hers so figured I would start with the first in the series. Time described her current book as "literary mystery" which you don't see too often. I can only agree...it is very well written and so enjoyable. The "cases" are told in flashback and even these short chapters make you feel like you know the characters contained in them. Little by little you figure out some of the clues but there are several things here that you don't really figure out and that makes it great. I'm looking forward to the next book in this series...private investigator (and former cop) Jackson Brody is a gem and I look forward to learning more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment