Sunday, August 28, 2011

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy


War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, 1293 pages.
Well worth reading. There was certainly enough going on in this book to justify three book discussions. The relationships between Pierre and Helene, Natasha and Andrei, Marya and her father, Marya and Nikolai, Anatole and anyone he could convince to run off with him. They were all great.
I enjoyed wide swaths of the war part too, though say the Battle of Borodino, when I mean Austerlitz, and talk about Bagration when I mean Barclay de Tolly. I feel like a smarter person for having read this book, even if I was the last of the participating staff to finish.
Kudos to Kathleen, Annie, and Christa for all of their hard work on a successful series of programs.

Check our catalog (look for the Pevear and Volokhonsky translation).

Downloadable Audio (different translation).

No comments:

Post a Comment