Monday, August 29, 2011

The Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking/Kate Payne

The Hip Girl's Guide To Homemaking by Kate Payne; home organization, home decor; 288 pages

Yes, I read this. All of it. Thought I didn't pay as close attention in the cooking and gardening chapters because, well, I feel like I have those areas covered.

The gist of this book is about maintaining a household in the real, grown-up, non-college world: keeping things neat, decorating on a budget, basic home repairs, and handling meals. Payne has some good advice in all of these areas, and most of her tips involve a trip to the thrift store, which is always fun. There were times when I felt like her advice was geared a little too much towards the NYC apartment lifestyle for me to really follow, but on the whole, I found a lot of good idea to implement in my own house. And I got an excuse to go to Goodwill, so I'm satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment