Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ghost Story / Jim Butcher

Ghost Story by Jim Butcher (v. 13 of the Dresden Files). 481 p.

I pretty much can't say anything about what happens in this book without providing massive, massive spoilers. I will say that I think Butcher has done a very good job of playing fair with the plot, based on the previous worldbuilding he has done throughout this series. I'm also encouraged by indications that characters are going to be dealing with consequences of their previous actions (grr, this is hard to talk about without spoiling it!). Often you have characters saying they'll do "whatever it takes" to make something happen, and they make the thing happen, but the book ends before they have to deal with any fallout from their choices. Not so here.

As usual, I am now on the edge of my seat to see what happens in the next volume of the series. Next summer can't come fast enough.

Check our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment