Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Birds of Prey: Perfect Pitch/Gail Simone

Birds of Prey: Perfect Pitch by Gail Simone (Birds of Prey vol 5); graphic novel; 224 pages

I'm continuing to enjoy this series. This time around, Batman tries to put a stop to the Birds' operations in Gotham (culminating in a fantastic scene between Batman, Barbara, and her father, Commissioner Gordon, who basically yells at Batman to stop messing with his daughter--love it!). In another storyline, both hilarious and tragic, Black Canary and Lady Shiva switch places to better understand each other's background.

Over all, I had a lot of fun here. But I also felt like many of the ongoing storylines got wrapped up. I was disappointed by this, but then, maybe there will be something I overlooked. We'll see in the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment