Wednesday, August 31, 2011

License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver by Rick Harrison


License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver by Rick Harrison, Memoir, 256 pages.
I don't know why I decided to pick this book up as I had never seen the show. I am pretty sure that I wasn't even really aware that this particular show existed. Thanks to the library and to Netflix I now know way more about the Gold And Silver than I would have thought. The show and the book are about equal in content and tone. It's all fairly pleasant from the author's somewhat self-involved viewpoint, but it's not anything to get that excited about. Harrison and his son Corey, "Big Hoss," were both horrible kids, and they both ended up working for their fathers. The stories of the crazy folk that inhabit their world can be funny, but the day-to-day life there is not exciting enough that I would read the sequel.
Recommended for fans of reality shows.

Check our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment