Monday, August 22, 2011

Birds of Prey: The Battle Within/Gail Simon

Birds of Prey: The Battle Within by Gail Simone (Birds of Prey reboot vol 4); graphic novel; 240 pages

This is probably my favorite Birds storyline so far, even if I was too embarrassed by the cover to take it out in public. This collection starts out with a few stand-alone stories that feature the disparate women coming together and really starting to function as a cohesive team. Then Huntress has a fight with Oracle, which results in Huntresss leaving the group to strike out on her own. Meanwhile, Oracle is still feeling at after-effects of her battle with Brainiac, signs that are manifesting in increased computing abilities and dangerous health problems.

I loved the story here, and the art wasn't too shabby, either. I'm intrigued by the long-haul plots that were introduced here, and I can't wait to see where things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment