Sunday, April 17, 2011

Y: The Last Man: Volumes I through IV by Brian Vaughn,





Y: The Last Man: Unmanned, 126 pages

Y: The Last Man: Cycles, 117 pages

Y: The Last Man: One Small Step, 165 pages

Y: The Last Man: Safeword, 142 pages
The first four volumes of this graphic novel series follow Yorick, the only man to survive a plague of unknown origins. Women were unaffected by the plague, but every man, with the exception of this Yorick, is killed. I don't like that math. That's a 99.99999997% kill rate, and that is a bit absurd (sure, there are a few other absurd graphic novels and I enjoy those). I also don't get why the "Amazons" would wait until all of the men were dead to engage in a self-mutilating, armed revolt against the patriarchy.
All my complaining aside, I do like the main characters, Yorick, 355, and Dr. Mann. And I do like a lot of the stories. See Annie's posts to hear a more balanced review. She gives great reviews of the actual stories. Fans of action packed graphic novels will enjoy.

Check our Catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment