Monday, April 18, 2011

All New Square Foot Gardening

All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew  271 pp.

Somewhere in my basement is a copy of the original version of this book. I was a big fan of the television show that aired on PBS in the '80s and even tried my hand at some of the methods with moderate success with tomatoes, carrots, & radishes. The point of this is that in a 4x4 foot garden you can grow a lot more food that you would imagine with much less work, watering, etc. In this new edition Bartholomew has made lots of revisions to his methods based on years of trial and error. It is definitely more 'user friendly' with many of his old 'rules' modified or relaxed. It inspired me enough to want to plant some things I haven't attempted before. Time will tell how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment