Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Bridge of Sighs

The Bridge of Sighs/Olen Steinhauer 278 pgs.

Emil Brod is a newly graduated homicide detective in an unnamed Eastern European country right after WWII.  The country is occupied by Russian troops and is kind of a mess.  Emil gets assigned his first case, one that nobody wants him to solve.  He works through it and in the process gets shot, beaten and falls in love.  I listened to the audio version of this book and really enjoyed the reader.  The author also wrote 2 of my favorites - The Tourist and the The Nearest Exit.  This book doesn't quite compare but I also discovered it is the authors first book and that made me like it more.  Certainly an interesting story and an interesting young character that I also discovered shows up in later books.

No comments:

Post a Comment