Monday, October 24, 2011

Die Trying

Die Trying/Lee Child 434 pgs.

The second book featuring Jack Reacher is an improvement over the first.  Jack ends up kidnapped by a crazy militia with 100 armed "soldiers" and the solution does not come down to him personally killing each one...so as I say, an improvement over the last book where Jack easily took out 6 highly trained and armed men without blinking an eye.  But still, there had to be the point when I almost tossed the book away and that came following the tender love scene in the forest where he and the crippled (injured) but still sexy FBI lady consummated their 4 day old relationship right after completing a very disgusting task.  Call me a nut but I just don't see the romance in this situation.  Still, a fun read with plenty of action.  Does a stinger missile really travel at 1000 mph?  I may have to look that one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment