Monday, October 31, 2011

The Walking Dead 7/Robert Kirkman

The Walking Dead 7 by Robert Kirkman; graphic novel, horror; 304 pages

In volume six, Rick's band of survivors found a safe, well-supplied community that seemed too good to be true. In this installment, the gang has a breather from the constant threats of Outside, and interpersonal drama starts to surface.

I read this in a single sitting. I think I was expecting it to be duller than the other books in this series, what with the lack of immediate threats, but Kirkman manages to keep this story riveting. One of the things that I love (and hate) about this series is that Kirkman is constantly coming up with new ways for his characters to be in pain, whether emotionally or physically. That doesn't stop here. As I was told when I began reading this series, don't get too attached to any characters

No comments:

Post a Comment