Saturday, February 2, 2013

Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey, 277 pages

I read this book not long after it came out (see that blog post here), but when my husband checked out the audiobook, I figured I should give that a shot. I'm not a big audiobook fan, as I tend to get too absorbed in the story to concentrate on driving. This, however, was awesome. Fey reads the book herself, and the book was greatly enhanced by Fey's inflections, asides, and the audio track from one of Fey's now-classic Sarah Palin impersonations on SNL.

And as a 30 Rock fan who hasn't had a chance to watch it in a long time (yes, I realize the show just ended its run on Thursday; perhaps I'll get a chance to catch up now!), this was great. It was like Liz Lemon was riding shotgun! If only I'd interspersed it with discs of Tracy Morgan reading his memoir, I Am the New Black... Ah well, something to try next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment