Friday, February 22, 2013

Archangel

Archangel by Sharon Shinn  390 pp.

I will admit right now that I probably would never have picked up this book if the author wasn't a friend. I feel guilty for only reading a couple of her books. I attempted this one once but stopped reading after only a few chapters. This time I tackled it via audiobook and I stuck with it. It's a fantasy about angels and humans who live in cooperation with each other under the rule of an archangel who serves for 20 years. Raphael is the outgoing archangel and his rule has been less than "angelic." Gabriel is to become the new archangel but not until he finds and marries the woman selected by Jovah (the god) for him. His bride is a strong minded slave named Rachel and the two seem entirely unsuited to each other. A major part of the story concerns the two butting heads about just about everything. But when their entire world is threatened, they learn to work together and maybe even find they love each other. There are four more books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment