Sunday, February 24, 2013

Code Name Verity

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, 343 pages

Oh, how do you talk about this book without giving it all away??? This is a book about two girls during World War II. They're British and one of them, Maddie, is a pilot. The other is somewhat more of a mystery, even through all the twists and turns of this superbly written novel. Maddie's friend has been captured by the Gestapo and is writing on random scraps of paper, telling us the story of their friendship and the friend's capture from Maddie's point of view. Beyond that, I can't say any more. I feel I've already said too much. It's just an awesome book. I remember being half way through the novel and having no clue where the story might be going. I loved every second of it, and I'm still trying to sort out the road map. This will definitely be on my reread pile, whenever the holds list gets shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment