Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Think: a compelling introduction to pholosophy

Think: a compelling introduction to philosophy/Simon Blackburn 312 pgs.

I think the title says it all. Even though I had that introduction to philosophy in my undergrad days, I might reveal that it didn't seem all that compelling at the time ;-) Now much older and wiser (ok, let's just go with the older), my interest is renewed in the topic. This book is a great refresher for all those big questions and main areas of philosophical study: 1. knowledge 2. mind 3. free will 4. the self, 5. God 6. reasoning 7. the world. I am a sucker for the logic/reasoning but found myself carefully reading about free will and knowledge. This book is a great introduction, hitting the big picture but doing so in a readable and fairly easy to understand little package. If this is your thing (entry level philosophy) then this is your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment