Monday, May 9, 2011

Chasing Fire / Nora Roberts

Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts. 472 p.

You may have noticed that I'm pretty useless at describing plot, so I direct you to Marlene's post for that. As always, Nora's done a good job with her research, so the fire descriptions seemed very real to me--of course, I don't know enough to recognize whether she got anything wrong. Since she gives her female lead a backstory that provides Issues in addition to the mystery plot involving murder and sabotage, she doesn't waste time giving her male lead issues; he's ridiculously well-adjusted and centered on helping the female lead. Still, she manages to make him pretty charming rather than unbearably annoying. And we spend hardly any time inside the killer's perspective when he's plotting Evil, yay, because that's something she does sometimes that I'm not fond of.

Plus I'd much rather read about characters who are smoke jumpers than ones who are wedding planners, which is what Nora's last series of books was about. Wildfires are much more exciting to read about than endless wedding details--at least for me.

Check our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment