Saturday, May 7, 2011

Y: The Last Man, volumes 5-9

Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan
Volume 5, Ring of Truth, 192 pages
Volume 6, Girl on Girl, 157 pages
Volume 7, Paper Dolls, 142 pages
Volume 8, Kimono Dragons, 143 pages
Volume 9, Motherland, 144 pages

This series continues to intrigue me. Throughout the series, Vaughan has shown that there is certainly a lot to explore in a world without men, and it's so far been an interesting exploration.

But, and this is a big one... I can't see how this is going to end. I almost feel like I'm watching Vaughan dig his way deeper and deeper into this world, and I just get the feeling that he doesn't have an exit strategy.

So before I read the 10th volume, which is sitting at my elbow as I type this, I'll say that I very much enjoy this series. Here's hoping #10 doesn't change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment