Monday, May 16, 2011

Bossypants

Bossypants/Tina Fey 277 pgs.

Tina Fey is the best at so many things and after reading this book, I place her on top of the heap in another category...Tina is really the person you want to respond to your mail. In the book, she responds to 4 or 5 comments about herself from the internet. It is brilliant...she is so kind and gentle as she slices and dices some of the "bright" people who have made unkind comments. Well, let me just say here, I have no unkind comments. Some members of this UCPL reading team have been disappointed over and over by books from our favorite comedians that we assumed would have to be hilarious because they are so funny. Now, I don't for one minute put Tina in the category of comedian...that is too small a box for her. But let me be honest...I figured there was at least a chance that I would be disappointed by this book. Never again will I doubt Tina...She helms the funniest show on TV, used to be the head writer on SNL and now gets added to favorite authors list.

No comments:

Post a Comment