Monday, May 23, 2011

Dr. Horrible and Other Horrible Stories/Zack Whedon

Dr. Horrible and Other Horrible Stories by Zack Whedon; graphic novel; 80 pages

This collection of vignettes was originally published on the Dark Horse website and web exclusives. I remember reading a few online, which is the only way I knew that (it's not mentioned anywhere in the book that I can find). While they were enjoyable as web shorts, and I'm glad they were collected, I find myself agreeing with Nate that this book needed to be fleshed out a bit more, either through longer stories or more of them. That said, there were quite a few elements here that I enjoyed, including the story of Johnny Snow vs, the ELE (and Bad Horse!). Without more meat to it, though, these stories just served to whet my appetite for the rumored Dr. Horrible sequel, which as yet doesn't have a start date. By the way, does Bad Horse count as a pony?

No comments:

Post a Comment