Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Knockdown / Sarah Graves

Knockdown by Sarah Graves (a Home Repair Is Homicide mystery, #12). 278 p.

I was very disappointed in last year's entry in this series. Unfortunately I didn't like this one either, so I guess I'm done reading these. We've lost the first-person narration by the main character, which I always liked, and in this book we also spend a lot of time inside the bad guy's head. Yuk. Not to mention that the supporting cast, which has some great characters, gets short shrift, and most of them act like morons in this book. They know someone's trying to hurt Jake, so they make a half-baked plan to use her as bait. When the plan runs into a snag, everyone forgets about it, and Jake is captured. The bad guy tries to kill her for a bit, and then they're both trapped in a collapsing house, and she spends a lot of time trying to save him even though he's still trying to kill her. I just found the whole thing annoying and unbelieveable, in a not-fun way. Oh well.

Check our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment