Monday, May 9, 2011

Y: The Last Man, volume 10

Y: The Last Man, Volume 10, Whys and Wherefores by Brian K. Vaughan, 166 pages

This is the final chapter in Vaughan's post-apocalyptic, nearly-all-female-future graphic novel series. I honestly wasn't sure how this would end, but I kind of liked it. I don't particularly want to get into the plot, but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised with the way Vaughan ended things with the world as a whole. And Yorick's ultimate ending was appropriate.

That's not to say that I wasn't annoyed with some of the mushy stuff. We managed to make it through nine other volumes without too much of a chick-lit influence, but Vaughan apparently decided that it was high time for romance. It's a shame he felt he had to take that turn; it was a perfectly good story without the googly eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment