Monday, May 2, 2011

Code of the Woosters

Code of the Woosters/P.G. Wodehouse 286 pgs.

Patrick has recommended these books and it has been "on my list" for awhile but this is the first one I've listened to (available via Overdrive, see the link below) and boy am I glad. This is hilarious stuff written in such a tongue in cheek manner that I didn't want to turn it off. Originally written in 1938 this book features Bertie Wooster and his valet Jeeves. Bertie seems to find himself in confounding situations but with the help of Jeeves, manages to wiggle out of them by the end of the book. This book features a cow creamer and two betrothed couples with various problems and the theft of a policeman's hat. I don't think I reveal too much by telling you that the "code of the Woosters" is "Never let a pal down." and Bertie follows his code in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment