Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Sixth Man

The Sixth Man by David Baldacci  416 pp.

I'm reposting this because my other post inexplicably disappeared. I originally posted about this earlier this month.

This is the latest in the series featuring former Secret Service agents now private investigators,  Sean King & Michelle Maxwell. U.S. intelligence analyst & super-genius, Edgar Roy has been charged with murder after the discovery of several bodies buried in the barn of his farm. His defense lawyer hires King & Maxwell to investigate. When they discover the lawyer shot to death in his car they become enmeshed in a conspiracy involving competing government agencies, crooked government contractors, and a Secretary of Homeland Security who doesn't always have the best interest of the country at heart. The story made me think of the bumper sticker that reads "I love my country but fear my government."

I'm not a fan of Baldacci's Camel Club series but I do enjoy the King & Maxwell books. This one gets a bit tedious with the introduction of a few too many characters and plotlines but the surprises at the end make it worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment