Monday, November 7, 2011

Too Cool to be Forgotten

Too Cool to be Forgotten by Alex Robinson  125 pp.

Andy, a middle-aged man, makes one final attempt to quit smoking by undergoing hypnosis. But he is startled to find himself back in high school, re-living all the awkwardness and problems he lived through at age 15. He keeps a slim connection to the present while facing his life as a teen. Finally he realizes the hypnotist has sent him back to the time he had his first cigarette and is sure that when he turns down that cigarette his smoking problem will be cured. But he doesn't return from being a teen-ager because he has one more thing he has to deal with. I didn't realize until I'd nearly finished the book that each chapter bears the title of a popular song from the 1980s.

This is the first graphic novel of Robinson's that I actually completed. The others, Box Office Poison and Tricked, I just couldn't get into. Frankly I wasn't impressed with his work. However, this book held my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment