Sunday, November 6, 2011

Death's acre / Bill Bass + Jon Jefferson

Death's acre: inside the legendary forensic lab The Body Farm where the dead do tell tales by Dr. Bill Bass and Jon Jefferson. 308 p.

When I read another book on forensics earlier this year (Corpse), I became intrigued by the Body Farm and decided to read more about it. Dr. Bass was the man who started the program, so he has all of the inside scoop on the difficulties they had getting the program going, as well as the best stories about the program's results. Plus, of course, he has lots of anecdotes about cases that he was involved with, which is the most interesting part of the book, for me. I enjoyed it a lot. I don't recommend it if you have a weak stomach for gruesome descriptions of what can happen to the human body, though.

Check our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment