Sunday, November 13, 2011

New York to Dallas / J. D. Robb

New York to Dallas by J. D. Robb. (#33 in the Eve Dallas/In Death series). 402 p.

This entry in the series felt fairly by-the-numbers to me. Eve ends up chasing the very first rapist/murderer she ever captured after he escapes from prison. Because of the circumstances, she starts having nightmares again--a feature of many of the earlier books that I had been glad to see the end of. (It makes sense for the nightmares to start up again, but it felt very much like retreaded ground to me.) Then Eve gets closure on some issues from early in her life, in a way that seemed extremely unlikely.

I didn't dislike the book; it was an enjoyable fantasy procedural. But some entries in the series stand out in my memory. This won't be one of them.

Check our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment