Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mockingjay: The Hunger Games, book 3/Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay: The Hunger Games, Book 3; Suzanne Collins; dystopian fight the man Young Adult sci-fi, 390 pages.

Okay, this is the point at which I outgrew the series, I think. I'm smarter than the narrator, I can see the plot twists coming, and there gets to be a point in the narrative where it's just one more bad thing happening to Katniss after another, I hate to say it, but the horrible stuff stops having much of an impact when there's so much of it, etc.
Also the ending was....pretty schmaltzy, actually, as far as these things go, and it felt as sickly-sweet and terrible as that godawful epilogue to the last Harry Potter book.
In general: the first two books in the Hunger Games trilogy: fantastic, without doubt. The third book? WEAK. SAUCE.
It should be noted that from the very beginning I was never interested or invested in the whole "oh man which boy will Katniss declare her undying love for etc etc whatever" drama, and...yeah, I felt nothing about that entire process. consider me bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment