Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The MST3K Amazing Colossal Episode Guide

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Amazing Colossal Episode Guide. 207 p.

(Why yes, I did actually read this cover to cover.) What I really wanted to do while sick was watch a whole bunch of MST3K, but sadly I don't have a working VCR, so my tape collection is useless, and I only have a few eps on DVD. So I read this instead. It covers the first seven seasons--all of the ones where the show was on Comedy Central. Each episode gets a short description of the movie, a description of each host sketch, anecdotes about how the actors felt about that particular movie, and other random sidebars. It's the next best thing to watching the shows ("ooo, I remember that sketch!"). Plus there's like 30 pages of humorous front matter. I think the note about the typeface is my favorite bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment