Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Accidental Creative

The Accidental Creative:  How to be Brilliant at a Moment's Notice/Todd Henry 230 pgs.

I really wanted this to be all about how *I* could be more creative but oddly, they idea is that you are ALREADY creative and that you need help managing your "gift" and making it available at a moment's notice.  Good info about feeding your creative side and keeping yourself able to take risks and not be satisfied with the "safe" option.  The author has made some amount of his living by helping people take a step back and looking at a bigger picture.  I did enjoy the book and some of the practical advice but there was also some that didn't strike me as practical or doable for me but I'm willing to concede that is isn't all about me.  Best tidbit - there is a guy who goes by riCardo Crespo - yes, that capitalization is how it is done. e.e. cummings anyone?
check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment