Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog

Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog: the amazing adventures of an ordinary woman by Lisa Scottoline  288 pp.

I've never read any of Scottoline's thrillers and this certainly isn't one of them. This is a collection of her columns from the Philadelphia Inquirer. (To be honest, I was attracted to this book by the title because for years I've said that if anything ever happens to my husband I'll replace him with a Newfoundland dog--it will cost as much to feed, shed black hair around the house, and I'll teach it to warm up the bed for me.) Scottoline covers such intriguing and funny topics as ending up in the ER braless, her household of dogs, cats, and chickens, battles with her elderly mother over hearing aids, skin care products, and much more. It's light reading and quite entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment