Sunday, January 30, 2011

How I killed Pluto

How I killed Pluto and why it had it coming by Mike Brown 267 pg.

I checked this book out based on Cindy's review and can heartily agree that this is a charming book. Mike Brown tells his story in a wonderful way and I particularly love his humility and him admitting "I had no idea what I was doing" at one point. He also describes one important week wherein he gets a "yes" to his marriage proposal, finds what he suspects is the 10th planet and gets tenure at Cal Tech. He ranks these events in order of importance the same way I list them. The astronomy stuff is well done and easy to understand and who knew there was so much drama involved with people stealing planets right out from under you and scientists losing their heads (and logical thoughts) when it comes to kicking Pluto off the list of planets. Overall a wonderful read. - Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment