Monday, July 26, 2010

Last Scene Alive / Charlaine Harris

Last Scene Alive by Charlaine Harris (Aurora Teagarden mysteries #7). 229 p.

I wasn't feeling very well, so decided to re-read a cozy mystery rather than work on the long but fun "real" book I'm reading (Kraken). This is part of a mystery series (no supernatural elements) that Harris wrote before she started Sookie Stackhouse, and I've always been fond of them. Roe, the main character, is a public librarian in small-town Georgia, and I enjoy her inner monologue. This is not one of my favorite books in the series though, because Roe is incredibly self-involved for a lot of it. In the previous volume her husband died unexpectedly, so it's natural that she'd be morose and self-pitying, but jeez it was annoying. Or maybe I was just grumpy because I didn't feel well.

No comments:

Post a Comment