Monday, July 26, 2010

Cars from a Marriage

Cars from a Marriage by Debra Galant  276 pp.

Okay, the title intrigued me since I'm a little bit of a gear-head. Unfortunately the story didn't. I don't know if it was the wimpy wife in the story who is afraid to drive on the highway or the fact that most of the cars were (yawn) Buicks because that's what her father sold. Maybe it was the fact that it was just one more story of a man & woman, their kids, marriage, fights, make-ups, & infidelities that didn't excite me. Even the alternating chapters written in each of their voices didn't help. There's nothing new here.

But for amusement I did count up the vehicles we've had in 30 years of marriage and it totaled 11 (13 if you add in my son's two). And not a Buick among them.

No comments:

Post a Comment