Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Batman: Heart of Hush/Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen

Batman: Heart of Hush by Paul Dini (story) and Dustin Nguyen (art); graphic novel; 144 pages

Given how horrible the last Hush story I read was, it wouldn't take much to top it. This story more than made up for having to suffer through that last collection. I've enjoyed Paul Dini's previous stories set in Gotham, and Nguyen's art--modern, stylized, and vaguely reminiscent of the animated series that started my Batman obsession--was great. The story rekindles the Batman/Catwoman romance that made me like the original Hush storyline so much. While the the plot is primarily a standard damsel-in-distress story, it does go into a lot of detail on Hush's life before he became a supervillain, with at least half the story told through sepia-toned flashbacks. Lots of fun, and one of the better Batman graphic novels I've read recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment