Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The botany of desire

The botany of desire: a plants eye view of the world/Michael Pollan 271 pg. 6 1/2 hours listening

Another book that I've been meaning to read for several years. Michael Pollan covers 4 plants, the apple tree, tulip, marijuana, and the potato. You don't have to be a gardener to appreciate this book because there is so much more to each of these plants when you consider their history. Johnny Appleseed, tulip mania, the legal then later illegal pot plant and the implications of the change in status and the potato famine. I was tempted to start turning over my back yard to start a large garden. I look forward to reading more from this author.

FYI: I listened to this as an audio book and really enjoyed the reader. - Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment