Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cry Wolf / Patricia Briggs

Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (an Alpha and Omega novel: 1). 294 p.

When I was reading Hunting Ground last week, I realized I couldn't remember the plot of the first book in the series, so I picked it up. I think I must not have read this before. Charles, who is enforcer to the head werewolf in all of America, rescues Anna from her pack in Chicago, where she was mistreated. Their wolf natures immediately declare them mates, but Charles and Anna, the humans, hardly know each other. It's interesting that the author starts the story after this point: we don't see Charles saving Anna, or any of her icky life before he rescues her. The focus is on Anna learning to adjust to a completely new life with a man she hardly knows--not to mention some serious intimacy issues that her old life instilled in her, and an ignorance of how some of her werewolf powers work. I prefer the second book in this series to this one, although the backstory here gives some insight into events in related Mercy Thompson series.

No comments:

Post a Comment