Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Steampunk Poe

Steampunk Poe illustrated by Zdenko Basic &  Manual Sumerac  263 pp.

I love the work of Edgar Allan Poe. I ordered a copy of this book thinking it was Poe stories rewritten with steampunk elements. I was very disappointed to discover it was just a collection of seven Poe stories and six poems with random steampunk style illustrations. Four of the stories were popular ones but three, "The Balloon Hoax", "The Spectacles", and "The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether" I had not read before. The poems were ones I had read before and included "The Raven" (of course), "To Helen", and "The Bells." It was nice to revisit old Poe favorites and enjoy some not so well known but that is not what I expected from this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment