Sunday, December 30, 2012

Behind the scenes at the museum

Behind the scenes at the museum by Kate Atkinson 333 pgs.

This is a family history told in a series of foot notes.  Mostly though, it is the story of Ruby Lennox told from her in-vitro perspective and flashing back through the family history.  I think it is also Bunty's story (Ruby's mother) who is not up for mother-of-the-year anytime soon.  However, you can see that Bunty hasn't exactly had the life that she had hoped for either.  I have been so intrigued with this author's later books that I decided to go back and catch up on her earlier works. Although I enjoyed this book, I feel like the newer books are better.  Still this party heart-breaking, partly hilarious story was worth my time.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment