Sunday, December 30, 2012

Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror

Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror by Chris Priestley  238 pp.

If I didn't know better, I would think Rod Serling had written this book. The stories told by Uncle Montague to his great? great-great? nephew Edgar would have been perfect for episodes of "The Twilight Zone" or "Night Gallery." There are tales of ghostly encounters, creepy mishaps, haunted houses, and unusual deaths all related to young Edgar while he visits Uncle Montague in his dark, creepy house. The illustrations are reminiscent of Edward Gorey and they add to the dark atmosphere perfectly. This is not a book for sensitive children but ones who like their stories dark & spooky will enjoy it.

P.S.: With this book I surpassed my total number of pages read in 2011 by 101. My 2012 total is 35,688.  However, I was six books shy of last year's 139. I am amazed that I read so much.

1 comment: