Sunday, December 4, 2011

When will there be good news?

When will there be good news? by Kate Atkinson 389 pages

Another excellent series that I'm trying to pace myself on.  The writing is so wonderful, the stories so compelling and the characters...oh, don't get me started on how fabulous they are.  Ok, I guess I can't help myself.  Hard to decide on this one who I like best.  Is it Jackson Brodie, our featured main character who is wonderful but spends a lot of this book laid up in the hospital?  Or Reggie Chase, our new young heroine with a tough life but coping skills we can all only dream about? Or is it Louise, our tough DCI who may have recently made a bad marriage decision who realize the truth about her is the she has "no idea how to love another human being unless it's by tearing them to pieces and eating them."? Louise is also willing to admit to her recent young subordinate Marcus that she joined the police force "so she could hit people with a big stick."  Will Louise and Jackson ever "get together" or would that just ruin the whole thing.  This does not even cover the minor characters, many of whom are also wonderful. Oh man, these books are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment