Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Internet is a playground

The Internet is a playground: Irreverent correspondences of an evil online genius/David Thorne 354 pgs.

This guy tries to pay a bill by sending (via email) a drawing of a spider. When this does not fly, he requests his drawing back. That is the opening gambit in a book that hits all the high notes of email and internet idiocy. So many great stories and exchanges punctuated by personal stories of David's "friends". This guy is a nut and I appreciated almost every entry in this book which may be more telling about me than anything else. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make this my second recommendation to Nate with whom I'm currently batting 1000. I have very little fear that this will damage my average.

No comments:

Post a Comment