Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wicca Covens

Wicca Covens by Judy Harrow  285 pp.

I'll admit it right now, this book was a "homework" assignment but I read it all so I am counting it here. Psychologist and counselor (and Wiccan), Harrow applied her training in the process of organizing and running groups to the organization and running of a Wiccan Coven. Most of what is contained in this book can be applied to any formally organized group. A lot of it was a refresher in things like Maslow's hierarchy of needs,  the stages of cognitive development, Isaac Bonewits "Cult Danger Evaluation Frame," and the more common Pagan/Wiccan practices. I can honestly say that much of what I found useful in this book were things I was already familiar with. There were some things I disagreed with and some things I see or have seen happen in groups I've worked with. The thing I don't understand about this book is why the women on the cover are so unhappy looking and why are there no men pictured?

No comments:

Post a Comment