Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Steampunk Bible / Jeff VanderMeer with S.J. Chambers

The Steampunk Bible: an illustrated guide to the world of imaginary airships, corsets and goggles, mad scientists, and strange literature by Jeff VanderMeer with S.J. Chambers. 224 p.

Ever wonder what Annie and I are talking about when we discuss steampunk? You can find the answer here. I came to steampunk from the fiction side of things, so I appreciated the primer on art, making, fashion and music. On the other hand, if you're only familiar with "steampunk" as an adjective describing jewelry with gears or neo-Victorian dress, this book will give you a grounding in the literary end of things, including the influences of Verne and Wells. Plus there are some really cool pictures. I think this elephant is my favorite.

Check our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment