Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Fast and Furious 5 step Organizing Solution

The Fast and Furious 5 step organizing solution by Susan Pinsky 223 pgs.

I am always looking for the painless way to get/stay organized and I still haven't found it. What I have found, I believe, is the most honest organization book I've ever read. The author shows pictures than tells how much time she has budgeted with the owners of the mess to go through it, weed it and organize it. VERY REALISTIC. None of this "we spent 20 minutes and took care of a decade worth of paperwork". Another focus of the book is what you really need. You don't need 5 sets of sheets for every bed in the house. In fact, she says wash and put the same set on and save yourself the folding chore and the storage space. I think the very BEST part of this book, compared to other organization books is that there is NO product guide in the end. In fact, she figures most people already have too many containers, etc. and can use what they have. In fact, lots of them can probably go. She advocates over the door hooks and a few sorting trays. Sounds like most of the people featured in the book bought VERY few and VERY cheap items to help them get organized. I love that attitude and would say this is one of the best books on this subject that I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment