Monday, October 29, 2018

Transcription

Transcription / Kate Atkinson read by Fenella Woolgar, 343 p.

Usually when I get a new book early after release, I feel the responsibility of spending time and thinking hard about my blog post because people will be needing this information.  In this case, I'm already number 4 posting about his book because everyone here looks forward to a new book by Atkinson.  So now I'm not going to repeat what Patrick, Kara, and Kathleen have already said.  Instead, I'll tempt you with the small part about the cute little dog Lily who touches many characters' lives and comes back to haunt Juliet.  These little interludes are one reason a book by Atkinson is so much better than most.  Nobody wants to take the dog at first but then it ends up being very popular and well loved.  I can just imagine petting those silky little ears myself.  Then we find out in the authors note that the name is used as a tribute to a real double agent that showed up in the archives. Too cool. But don't take my word for it, read it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment